My Lollipop (Android 5.0) Upgrade Experience
At lunch on Thursday, November 20, 2014 I got the notice that Lollipop was ready to download on my Nexus 5.
Bottom line: from start to finish it took 38 minutes.
I was on a good LTE connection for the download.
What you can expect along the way:
Download = 479.5 MB, Verifying, Restart & Install, Installing system update with Android characer and blue progress bar at the bottom, Google logo (rebooting), Colored fireflies swirling, Android, Android is upgrading, Optimizing app XX of XXX, Starting apps, Finishing boot.
One thing to noice right away: you now have to swipe to unlock.
Just getting started with it but everything seems to be working great.
iOS 8.1 Gave Me Back Some Space
I upgraded my iPad to iOS 8.1 on Friday, October 24, 2014. After the update, I had 0.3 GB more than I had prior to the update.
My Favorite NetDocuments Tip
NetDocuments is a great cloud-based Document Management System. One of the easiest ways to make yourself more efficient in NetDocuments is by customizing and using the right-click menu. It’s easy!
- Right-click in a Summary or List View (e.g. in a Workspace).
- Select Customize menu.
- Click and drag the options until what you want is listed under Selected options.
- Click OK.
My iOS 8 Update Experience
So, it’s about 3:00 PM on Friday, September 19 and I just finished my iOS 8 update on my iPad.
- It took about 1 1/2 hours to download and install.
- You have to have 5.7 GB of free space to begin the process.
- I lost about 0.6 GB to the update.
- After 1 long Apple logo loading screen and 1 short one, the screen goes black. Then you just have to turn the device back on. It would be nice to have some kind of warning.
- Like many people I had to uninstall several apps to have enough free space for the update. Wow, it would be nice not to have to do this.
- Good job Apple! When it was all said and done, it all worked as expected.