My iOS 8 Update Experience
So, it’s about 3:00 PM on Friday, September 19 and I just finished my iOS 8 update on my iPad.
- It took about 1 1/2 hours to download and install.
- You have to have 5.7 GB of free space to begin the process.
- I lost about 0.6 GB to the update.
- After 1 long Apple logo loading screen and 1 short one, the screen goes black. Then you just have to turn the device back on. It would be nice to have some kind of warning.
- Like many people I had to uninstall several apps to have enough free space for the update. Wow, it would be nice not to have to do this.
- Good job Apple! When it was all said and done, it all worked as expected.