My Favorite NetDocuments Tip
NetDocuments is a great cloud-based Document Management System. One of the easiest ways to make yourself more efficient in NetDocuments is by customizing and using the right-click menu. It’s easy!
- Right-click in a Summary or List View (e.g. in a Workspace).
- Select Customize menu.
- Click and drag the options until what you want is listed under Selected options.
- Click OK.
My iOS 8 Update Experience
So, it’s about 3:00 PM on Friday, September 19 and I just finished my iOS 8 update on my iPad.
- It took about 1 1/2 hours to download and install.
- You have to have 5.7 GB of free space to begin the process.
- I lost about 0.6 GB to the update.
- After 1 long Apple logo loading screen and 1 short one, the screen goes black. Then you just have to turn the device back on. It would be nice to have some kind of warning.
- Like many people I had to uninstall several apps to have enough free space for the update. Wow, it would be nice not to have to do this.
- Good job Apple! When it was all said and done, it all worked as expected.
September 15, 2014
I want to make my site better and more relevant to you. To do that, I need to know more about you. So, I’ve created my 2014 Reader Survey.
Would you please take a minute or two to fill out the survey? It’s only 7 questions on 1 page. I would really appreciate it and it would benefit you because it would help me tailor my content to your interests.
Yes, I am Happy to Help. Take Me to the Survey!
Thanks in advance for your help.
Under the best of circumstances, technology rollouts are stressful for a firm. In this episode, I talk with Steve Moulton of NetDocuments about the key people you need in a mission critical rollout.
Also on this show: “Law Firm Laugh” (you have to hear it to believe it) and “Today’s Tech Tip” (THE best way to insert ¶ and §).
Listen to the Audio
Podcast: Play in new window
What do you do when that dreaded moment comes when you have to come up with another password? Maybe they are out there but I don’t know anyone who thinks coming up with passwords and remembering them is fun.
On the one hand, if you use a password that is easy to remember it will likely be easy to hack (and probably won’t meet the password requirements). On the other hand, if you use a complicated password it will be difficult to remember. Let’s take a look at how you can easily balance these two tensions by using a proven 3 step method.
Social Image Resizer Tool
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
If you use Outlook, this is THE book I would recommend on getting control of your emails and tasks. It is life changing. I really mean that. In a world where you get hundreds of emails and dozens of task per day, you need a really solid system and Linenberger has nailed it. He has taken David Allen’s Getting Things Done concepts, kicked them up a notch, and worked out how to do them ninja fast in Outlook. Worth checking out.
Matter Centric Legal Document Management